The Wildsam Philadelphia guide explores the tough and tender “underdog” city best known as the birthplace of our nation. Inside you’ll find stories from poets, typewriter repairmen, historic interpreters, artists, salvage woodworkers, chefs and urban farmers.
- Interviews with a poet, a cultural producer, a jazz director, a typewriter repairman, a historic interpreter and more
- Expert picks for Italian food, public art, architecture, waterfront experiences and more
- An illustrated map of Philadelphia’s hip-hop history
- A beginner’s guide to the local lexicon
- Historical musings on Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Frank Rizzo, sports teams, Rocky, jazz and more
- Original essays from Feminista Jones,
- John Morrison and Sara Nović
- Excerpted writings from W.E.B. Du Bois and Jane Jacobs
- Essential intel that opens up the city, from the Wildsam-curated record collection and reading list, to a deep-dive into neighborhood profiles and beloved businesses, to historical landmarks and more
There are no reviews yet.